Dental Crowns in Brampton
A Crown or "cap" fits over and replaces the entire part of a decayed tooth above the gum line. It encases the tooth and becomes the tooth's new outer surface. Crowns may be made of porcelain or a metal base covered with a thin layer of ceramic that matches your teeth and looks like a normal, healthy tooth.
Why It Is Done
- Treat teeth that have broken or decayed so much that your dentist cannot fix them with a filling.
- Cover a tooth that is so severely damaged that most of the top part had to be removed.
- Repair a defective filling.
- Improve how a tooth looks.
- We use crowns after root canal treatment to seal the tooth and prevent it from breaking.
How Well It Works
A crown will work just like a healthy tooth. Note: Crowns sometimes come loose over time so you might need to get them cemented again or replaced.Book Your Appointment